Tuesday 13 December 2011

Etta Bond - Forgiveness (Solo Acoustic Version)

Female songstress Etta Bond gives us a much anticipated full solo perfomance of her and Wretch's hit 'Forgiveness'. Being super producer/singer/songwriter Labrinth's first Odd Child signee, it's obvious this girl has major talent and her version of 'Forgiveness' only adds to that point. The Soul Culture feature see's Etta goes deep with her own verses ''Spent my last 10 on weed like its growing on a fruit tree, masking my thoughts 'til I'm blind to what I'm sorry for'' and in a very different direction to Wretch's original bars, talking of  'our' comfortable lives compared to others overseas ''Signing on, pretending that I 'jobseek', when across sea's 6 year olds are digging through the rubbish''. This is a brilliant rendition of the original, all we want to know: when's the album out?

No comments:

Post a Comment